23 August 2013

post the hundred-forty-fourth, 2013

on the way to pick up supper, i was driving past the walmart where there's a traffic signal and i had the green and i was in the leftmost of two lanes with walmart on my right.  suddenly, someone made a right on red and i thought they were cutting it close to me and in fact, omg!, they're sliding all the way into my lane! i laid on the brakes and the horn. they cut it so close i very nearly hit them. my brakes did that slippy-jerky shuddery-juddery thing, but i did get stopped. they just kept on going to the next red light, where they got in the left turn lane. i was going straight so i pulled up beside them and rolled down my window. the man, husband i guess, passenger - he rolled down his window too. i was on my best behaviour and smiled real sweet. he smiled back. i said -- you scared me back there. then he did that "two fingers pointing at eyes" thing and said - "pay attention. you need to pay attention better. there was no one there when we put on our turn signal to change lanes." i was floored and couldn't think of anything smart to say, like, what - pay attention for idiots like you to pull out in front of me? nope, couldn't think of a thing before they went left and i went straight. 

what the hell?! what did he mean, change lanes?! they did a right on red and crossed 2 lanes right. in front. of. me. i had the green for godsakes. 

why does this keep happening to me??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home