07 August 2013

post the hundred-thirty-fifth, 2013

if you could see my love for you,
you would see red
because my love is vibrant and strong
and demands attention
and keeps you warm.

if you could count my love for you,
you would count to 156,842
because my love is large and myriad
yet not ridiculous or imaginary
like infinity.

if you could taste my love for you,
you would taste apples and honey
because my love is sweet and juicy
and maybe a little messy sometimes
but always natural.

if you could hear my love for you,
you would hear a solo harmonica
because my love is simple and solitary
and something i alone give to only you
(though possibly difficult to appreciate).

if you could read my love for you,
you would read the alphabet
because my love is primary and functional
and can build miracles
with just a bit of encouragement from you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home