11 March 2013

post the fifty-fourth, 2013

turf toe talk time.

why is a serious condition not taken seriously?

alliteration always augments amusement, and in this case, the alliterative “t” causes speaker to very nearly spit on conversation partner. turf doesn’t have a bad rap, and toes are innately funny.

however.

my toe hurts. there’s a purplish hue where the toe bone’s connected to the foot bone. the knuckle’s a little tender, a little twingy, a little thick.

did i run too much, too often, too fast, too hard? was it the hills, the new shoes, the old shoes, the concrete? did this happen by chance, by luck, by karma, by me?

turns out, it's on me.

remember how i said i got two new pairs of shoes? well. i started wearing the brooks pure flows first. they were so wonderful. bendy and welcoming and flexible, yet also sturdy. it was like they were coddling me whilst giving the road what-for on my behalf. thanks, pure flows!

fast forward to the weekend, and whaaaaat the hell is up with my purple toe?? i was fairly distraught. i am training for a marathon, after all. i chalked it up to overuse and (après run) stuck my foot in a bucket of ice water for 5mins on saturday and 10mins on sunday and let me tell you something about body parts in buckets of ice -- OUCHIE. but, i guessed it did some good because the toe was feeling better.

fast forward to today. suiting up to go for a joggernaut -- i put my right foot in, put my right foot out, put my right foot in, and shake it all about. whaaaaat the hell is this?? the forefoot yoke of the pure flow is precisely cutting acrossed the bruised area of my toe. awww, jeez. i just got these shoes!

colour me disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home