15 October 2012

15 oct 2012

my vision insurance plan provides $130 allowance for either spectacles or contact lenses, in alternating years. i thought this year was spectacles, but when i arrived at the ophthalmologist's office, the kindly scrubs-enrobed desk clerk informed me that, no, it is contact lenses year. (why do they wear scrubs? they are not doing scrubby work.) so, contact lenses. super. i ordered three boxes and turned to go. just before i reached the door, i remembered that i wanted to get my spectacles adjusted. i turned around and asked clerky mcscrubbs to adjust my spectacles. she was like, oh sure no problem okay. she took my spectacles into the back room so i stood there at the desk like a tree or something on account of not being able to see AT ALL without my specs. clerky mcscrubbs returned, i put my spectacles on, and i was thinking that she didn't change them much, but whatever. they felt a bit tighter. i thanked her and left the shop and went out the door and nearly fell down the steps. ooooops. haha. um... okay, i tried again and made it down the steps but at the bottom i was like, what is wrong with my spectacles?? the lenses had something on them. i was like, great, thanks fat finger fergie with your thumbs all up in my lenses's grill. so i went back inside and asked clerky mcscrubbs to scrub my lenses and she did but nope, still messed up. more scrubbing. nope. i was like, something is wrong with these spectacles. clerky mcscrubbs went and got the technical clerk and that was the last i saw of clerky mcscrubbs. so. tech chick took one look at my spectacles and said, something is on these lenses. (right no shit tech chick!) she took my specs to the machine they use to heat up the frames to make adjustments and discovered the bubbly pox on my lenses precisely matched the size and shape of the silicone pods in the well of the machine. ha. clerky mcscrubbs had podded my lenses.

jeez.

what a spectacle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home