29 August 2012

29 aug 2012

in 1998, i had the opportunity to take a covey "7 habits" class with an odd mix of coworkers and for one of the exercises, we had to write a mission statement. i found this yesterday, tucked in the book like a time capsule.

----------

Personal Mission Statement

To find happiness, fulfillment, and value in living I will:

LEAD a life centered around the principles of integrity, humility, encouragement, and patience.

REMEMBER what's important in life is truth, order, effort, health, and personal growth.

REVERE admirable characteristics in others, such as being wise, balanced, caring, responsible, compassionate, and industrious, and attempt to implement similar characteristics in my own life.

RECOGNIZE my strengths and develop talents as a person who is a communicator, athletic, hard-working, a visionary, intelligent, and energetic.

HUMBLE myself by acknowledging that I can be pessimistic, excessive, and sarcastic and by constantly striving to transform my weaknesses into strengths.

ENVISION myself becoming a person who friends and family think has these traits: clever, intelligent, industrious, athletic, organized, fun, and creative.

----------

jeez. what a dork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home