07 June 2012

7 jun 2012

big plans for saturday: lug all my summercamp equipment out of the basement, take inventory, and make a shopping list.

i have been looking forward to this for weeks. grandma-bec used to say that most of the fun was in the planning, and although that sounds a bit odd on the surface, it makes sense. yes, okay, i am a professional planner by trade, but scheduling and workload balancing are not exactly the fun sort of planning that she was talking about. she meant that looking-forwardness that accompanies the buildup to any solid adventure.

for weeks, i have been making lists in my head and scribbling notes about stuff to remember to bring. lifeguard certification cards. harmonicas. that beach towel with the bandanna design. extra contact lenses. my inhaler. my sleeping bag. every time i think about something to bring, that thought reminds me of where i will be and what i'll be doing.

i need the lifeguards certs because i'll be teaching canoeing. the harmonicas are for the 4th of july harmonica band. that bandanna beach towel will warm in the sun on the dock whilst i swim laps in the lach. the extra contact lenses are so i don't lose my glasses into the deeps off the side of a canoe. my inhaler is because i am lame.

i need my sleeping bag because this year, i WILL sleep fully outside! (at least once...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home