06 March 2012

6 mar 2012

been working at home today and as usual got more done in one day at home than i can manage during one week at the office. whose fault is that? clearly, i am solid. the office is to blame. so, the pro side is that a day of house working inspires in me the productivity of a team of oxen. the con side is that it crazes me a bit. i know, i know, "you're already crazy ace!" harDEE-har-har.

however.

my brand of crazy has to do mostly with wanting to be left alone, but leave me alone for a day and i am on the verge of making a telephone call to establish contact with the outside world. leave me alone for a day and i am convinced the mayans were right, so what's the point in remodeling the kitchen? leave me alone for a day and i am sending melancholy notes to my coworkers telling them what a stellar job they're doing in my absence, as if i were on elba. leave me alone for a day and i am emailing summercamp bunkmates, posting obtuse technical questions on obscure message boards in hopes of garnering a personal reply from the geeky sysop, gazing forlornly out the window like andrew henry's dog...

oh, i'll rebound by 9am tomorrow. it will only take an hour of my coworkers to have me tucked safely under the noise cancelers.

but today...


* sigh *



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home